Thursday 28 July 2016

I've got a song stuck in my head...


I've been doing stationary bicycles for three weeks now. It's quite nifty and tells you how many calories you burn in a session. On day one I started on level 4/25, timer set for 15 minutes. I burned 100 calories and almost died.

My feeling was that I must start with some cardio exercise, just to get up my fitness levels, to enable me to really become active. I think its kind of working. Week one, my aim was to break 100 calories every day, which I did. Week two my aim was a daily dose of 130 calories, and this week it was 150 at double the effort level. So far so good...

Yesterday it felt like I could do a bit more, so I asked around. The general feeling is that I could start some upper body exercises as well, just to help things along. So today, after my 150 calories on the stationary bike, my eyes fell on this beauty:
My thoughts were that I could squeeze some calories out of my upper body while my legs got a rest. It is really hard work, but I actually got 100 extra calories out of my system today! You kind of use two muscle groups on this. You push forward and once you grow tired of that you pull on the down-stroke. Sounds a bit kinky... I think I will do it again, once I have regained the use of my arms. 

Got on the scale afterwards, 0.5 kg off since yesterday. Yeah!

I installed MyFitnessPal on my phone as well. It helps you to keep track of what you eat and your exercise on a daily basis. You can immediately see how your calorie budget is doing. Hopefully its easier to manage than your financial budget!

That song is still stuck in my head. Awkward when a song about riding a bicycle is better than anything produced these days.

1 comment:

  1. Ons is so bly jy kon jou arms optel om die stukkie te tik.

    ReplyDelete